Author Topic: weather reports  (Read 4777 times)

Offline on the rocks

• AZCA Members
weather reports
« on: February 24, 2011, 08:23 AM »
I am tired of the weather channel accuweather ect. what weather sites do you use? :crybaby2:

Piscolli

Re: weather reports
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 08:37 AM »
They all kind of suck. Not because they don't know what their doing, because it is impossible to predict the weather with the accuracy and detail we want. Bruce (Fishless) seems to be the best source for me. He always seems to be more accurate than anyone else I talk to or any report I read. 

I am here by calling for a new blog on this site, "Weather with Fishless". With his constint pursuit of the truth and the way he spells "sooooooooooooooooo", it should be very entertaining and informative.

What do you say Big Fella, are you in? Louis, can you make that happen?

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 11:34 AM »
thanks but no thanks, don't want to be no weather person, I just watch the local weather chan forecast on cox then look at their website, then channel surf listening to the local weather guys (then come to the conclusion that they are clueless!!) they don't do bad on predicting storms sometimes but they are terrible on predicting wind once you are outside the valley and have not found a site yet that does a good job on wind forecasts

as has been said before being a weatherman is the only job around where you can lie your ass off one day and go to work the next and still have a job :sign0151: :wtf:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Southern_Pride

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 11:41 AM »
I would love to be a weatherman in Phoenix. That would have to be the easiest job in the world!

Anchorman: "OK now over to Terry with today's weather."

Me: "sunny and hot"

Anchorman: "Thanks Terry, now on to local news..."

I would be right 90% of the time!!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.....
It's learning how to dance in the rain.

Offline on the rocks

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 12:25 PM »
Obviously I know you can not predict the weather. My problem is more when I go to one of the above sites then run my registry mechinic and spyware I end up with well over a hundred differant tracking cookies, Just looking for something somewhat reliable that does not potentially slow my computer way down.

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 09:01 PM »
Well, for a while I was working on getting an app for this site that would display the weather for each lake. It's giant hassle that would require me to learn 2 new programming languages and I didn't have the time for it... yet. :)

I usually use weather.com as my main source. Never really had a problem with spyware or anything and I've never viewed cookies as that bad of a thing.

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 06:39 AM »
i use weather underground. gives an hourly forecast. like tom sat it say the wind wont get bad on rosey till noonish. so im gunna try in the morn. i didnt get out at all lst weekend . sure hope it stabilizes nest week.

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 04:30 PM »
i use weather underground. gives an hourly forecast. like tom sat it say the wind wont get bad on rosey till noonish. so im gunna try in the morn. i didnt get out at all lst weekend . sure hope it stabilizes nest week.

Weather UG is pretty good.  I check that one and the TWC and then figure it out.  It's normally close but the wind data is not consistently reliable.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal