Author Topic: Roosevelt Bass & Crappie 3/03/11  (Read 4254 times)

Offline BassNCrappie

• Roosevelt Crappie 2009
    • Bass N' Crappie Guide Service
Roosevelt Bass & Crappie 3/03/11
« on: March 03, 2011, 11:40 AM »
Fished Roosevelt yesterday for Bass.  We caught 19, the biggest weighing 3 lbs. 14 oz.  Most were caught flipping worms, and a few on spinnerbaits.  We fished from Grapevine to the Salt River.  The Crappie are moving up the river.  Try trolling at .8 mph and adjust your line accordingly.  I will be giving a Crappie Seminar and a Bass Seminar on spinnerbaits at Bass Pro Shops at 1 p.m. on Sunday, March 6th.  If you are interested in learning how I rig and troll for Crappie, come to the Seminar.  Good luck, and keep your bait wet....................LeRoy
"You Build Memories And Character When You Take Kids Fishing"

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
Re: Roosevelt Bass & Crappie 3/03/11
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 12:55 PM »
Thanks for the report.  Maybe we see you there.

Piscolli

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 04:00 PM »
I'll be there  :celebrate:

Offline cillabegody

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 05:49 PM »
Fished Roosevelt yesterday for Bass.  We caught 19, the biggest weighing 3 lbs. 14 oz.  Most were caught flipping worms, and a few on spinnerbaits.  We fished from Grapevine to the Salt River.  The Crappie are moving up the river.  Try trolling at .8 mph and adjust your line accordingly.  I will be giving a Crappie Seminar and a Bass Seminar on spinnerbaits at Bass Pro Shops at 1 p.m. on Sunday, March 6th.  If you are interested in learning how I rig and troll for Crappie, come to the Seminar.  Good luck, and keep your bait wet....................LeRoy
:sign0144: Hello!  I want to fish for Crappie n Bass too!  I'll be at Bass Pro on Sunday!  C-U there!

Offline Rocko

• ahhhh
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 10:15 PM »
I wish I would have noticed this earlier.  Don't you use a three way swivel with the weight on the bottom and two leaders with lures trolling?  I know I saw you up at Roosevelt once with 2 lures on each line.  I've never tried that, but it seems to work for you LeRoy.
Rocky

Piscolli

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 07:28 AM »
I wish I would have noticed this earlier.  Don't you use a three way swivel with the weight on the bottom and two leaders with lures trolling?  I know I saw you up at Roosevelt once with 2 lures on each line.  I've never tried that, but it seems to work for you LeRoy.

Use 2 grubs on 1/16 oz lead heads, tie the top one with a palomar knot and the bottom one with a clinch knot.

Offline Rocko

• ahhhh
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 11:46 AM »
Thanks for the info Piscolli, I'll have to give it a try.
Rocky

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal