Author Topic: GPS Waypoints  (Read 2756 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
GPS Waypoints
« on: March 08, 2011, 07:55 AM »
Anyone know of a site that has Fish-n-Map GPS waypoints in downloadable form?  While I can't assume those locations are necessarily precise or where the fish are at today, they would give me waypoints in my GPS that I can use as a starting point.  I'd like them for Roosevelt and really any AZ desert lake.  I can hand type a few in, but would be easier if they were in some electronic form.  Or, is this just a waste of my time?  I plan to mark waypoints when I catch fish, but thought it might be good to get some preloaded as initial spots to try.  Roosevelt lake is so large and with my having so little experience on it, I'm looking for advice on starting points that have structure of something unique about them that they've been flagged as places to start.

Of course, if somebody already has GPS waypoints of tried-and-true locations, well, that's even better.  Of course, those locations are only good for the day you caught the fish, but still worth a shot if they apply to this time of year.  Let's make a deal?  IM me if you want.

Offline sandman

Re: GPS Waypoints
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 08:52 AM »
Manually enter a few of them as reference points. It really won't take that long.

If you use a program like EasyGPS, it's quick to type in on the computer and then just upload them to your GPS.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal