Author Topic: Alamo 4/4  (Read 1753 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Alamo 4/4
« on: April 05, 2020, 01:12 PM »
On the water by 7:30am and headed up lake to the first set of trees coming out of the water and caught 6 crappie by 11am. Headed closer into shore area and with rest of flotilla no luck nada.  Dropped off the kids back at boat ramp, then came back out to original area and caught 2 more crappie before calling it a day around 2pm.  Wind was picking up by then.  All crappie were ok size no real large ones except one was 14 1/2" or so that was caught by my daughter.  We spider rigged minnows on bare hooks.
We used the high water ramp, worked out ok just keep in mind no boat dock there.

Offline BCLII

Re: Alamo 4/4
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 01:35 PM »
Would a couple of people have any luck up there fishing from shore? Thinking later this week heading up there. I’m located in the NW Valley near surprise, so only a couple hour drive!
Thanks

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 01:59 PM »
Would a couple of people have any luck up there fishing from shore? Thinking later this week heading up there. I’m located in the NW Valley near surprise, so only a couple hour drive!
Thanks
Yeah, just follow Covid-19 rules, state of AZ rules, etc. with social distancing so that they can keep the park open.  You may also always want to call the state park the day before to confirm everything still open and so forth.  Regarding fishing from shore I think it's possible to catch off shore, but I'd say head more up lake (opposite dam) as far as you can go.  I haven't seen what sort of access you can get to various shoreline there. 

Maybe someone else can comment regarding if crappie were caught near shore or not. Ours were out in 20-25 feet deep.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 03:40 PM »
Last week some people were catching crappie from shore near the main ramp area? presume it was bobber minnow, I have heard they are closing the restrooms tomorrow Monday and there is a meeting Wednesday morning with parks and state official the feeling is due to people being stupid and not following the Corona virus guidelines that they may close Alamo lake? (again this is not confirmed yet)
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline BCLII

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2020, 10:33 AM »
Thanks for sharing your info! Not a problem for her and I to keep social distancing!  :bom:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal