Author Topic: "Report" from April 9th  (Read 1767 times)

Offline Unit9Elk

"Report" from April 9th
« on: April 10, 2020, 08:37 AM »
This report isn't much of a fishing report, the north lake road is closed indefinitely, but the store still opens around 9am and had minnows yesterday... (not that they did me any good)... the parking lot looked kind of busy for a weekday, but the store folks said the parking lot will be jammed full all weekend...

As for the fishing, I still struggle finding fish and went without a bite once again, I did motor all the way up past Jack's Cove and found some bait balls, but it did me no good... I tried an Aberdeen hook and live minnow, as well as fluorescent green jigs, all to no avail... water temps were +- 67-68, and it looked like normal clarity... it was a perfect day on the water, and a welcome respite from being cooped up at home - if it weren't already taken, my forum name should be FISHLESS!!! On the bright side though, I learned the reason my trim motor wouldn't go up was a pretty easy replacement of the electronic relays... always something with a boat.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: "Report" from April 9th
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 07:04 AM »
Thanks for the report, I had a solenoid hang up on my old boat outboard trimmed up and hydraulic motor would not shut off and had to scramble to disconnect the battery and a buddy towed me in, one quick change out of the solenoid and all ways good but pretty startling at O dark 30 running up pleasant.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal