Author Topic: Roosevelt Lake Question for Art C  (Read 1417 times)

Offline richs3320

Roosevelt Lake Question for Art C
« on: April 23, 2020, 06:13 AM »
Good Morning Art,
Don't know if you remember me but you used to take my dad and I guiding a few times back in the 90's early 2000's. You got me on the front cover of AZ Fisherman Magazine with a nice large mouth. I am Rich Scheuerman, if that rings a bell. I have not had the opportunity to catch crappie in the past year. Last time I did any good was at schoolhouse 2 years ago. Questions for you? I am trying to take the wife on the boat Saturday. I was thinking of going to school house and trying to throw some beetle spin jigs up shallow while trolling around with jigs, slip bobbers, and minnows. Going to try from real shallow out to 15-20' see if i can find them. Try to get a bite/game plan going. I am just wondering if i should stick to my plan and go to the south end around grapevine/school house area or is it worth going to the North end trying some where up river in all those trees? Hoping for a little advice. Wife loves catching crappie and have not had an opportunity in the past couple years. Any suggestions on what they are biting and how deep? 

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
Re: Roosevelt Lake Question for Art C
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 09:42 AM »
Rich, I sure do remember you and your dad. I'm sorry I got this too late. We fished up across from Schoolhouse yesterday morning. Long line trolling jigs and cranks in basically 32 feet of water we boated 7 crappie, 1 yellow bass, and 1 channel cat. Traffic was quite heavy but I hope you beat us! ......Art

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal