Author Topic: Bartlett lake 10/29  (Read 1548 times)

Offline BCLII

Bartlett lake 10/29
« on: October 30, 2020, 07:33 AM »
FW and I Fish Bartlett for the very first time. We fished from 8:45-1:30 . Did some scouting on our own and got familiar with this body of water. Took some advise and headed north fishing above the no wake bouy line. We then trolled up to and around the trees. There were a few boats up in that area. While we didn’t catch any crappies, lots of bass were caught as well as a few snags. lol. We did drop shot once we were up in that area and did see two crappies caught in a near by boat that had a marker out. We stopped at a couple places down river, and caught more bass and a few sunfish. All in all it was great to be on the water again. We will return again soon and continue to target those elusive crappie!

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: Bartlett lake 10/29
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 07:50 AM »
Thanks for the report - I'm hoping to get out there tomorrow with my parents, sounds like it may be a slow day (at least for crappie).

Offline Barbek82

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 12:39 PM »
I think I'll take my kayak on Sunday and throw some jigs around.

Offline BCLII

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2020, 03:45 PM »
We saw a few kayaks up on the north end. Not sure where they put in at but they had their workout  with the winds yesterday!

Offline Barbek82

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2020, 10:35 AM »
Are the Flats open? The last time I went and Flats were closed I launched from Yellow Cliffs and did 8 miles total that day. PS. Just checked the weather,  definitely not going tomorrow with 17 mph wind.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 10:43 AM by Barbek82 »

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2020, 03:45 PM »
Are the Flats open? The last time I went and Flats were closed I launched from Yellow Cliffs and did 8 miles total that day.
I'm not 100% sure I know where the "Flats" are, but I saw people camping on shoreline from yellow cliffs all the way down to no wake buoys.   Halfway down I saw what looked like a dirt ramp - people camping there.  Weather was great I need to get down there again but camp overnight.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal