Author Topic: Lost Dock Stix - Roosevelt Windy Hill  (Read 1575 times)

Offline apenland01

• AZCA Members
Lost Dock Stix - Roosevelt Windy Hill
« on: December 14, 2020, 01:37 PM »
This is a long shot, but if anyone found or hears of someone finding a pair of Dock Stix on the sidewalk to the Windy Hill ramp at Roosevelt yesterday, have them PM me.  I tried to dock the boat in 25 mph winds yesterday and failed miserably and ended up leaving them on the dock.  When I finally figured out how to dock my boat by myself in 3 footers, I tossed them up on the sidewalk and forgot to pick them up.  My bad for leaving them behind...

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
Re: Lost Dock Stix - Roosevelt Windy Hill
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 06:12 PM »
I loaded up at 1:45 but sorry, I didn't see them. We trolled around Windy Hill all morning with jigs and minnows without a bump. Went up in the Salt and boated 2 bass on drop-shot and 7 very nice crappie on spoons. We loaded up at 1:45 when that wind started. ..........Art

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 06:18 AM »
and boated 2 bass on drop-shot and 7 very nice crappie on spoons.
Hey Art, maybe next Sportsman's Expo you can explain fishing with spoons. I think I have some in my tackle box from 20 years ago, and have heard of Fishless catching stripers and maybe crappie with spoons but have no idea conditions that would say to use them and even anything about fishing with them.

Offline apenland01

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2020, 08:40 AM »
I loaded up at 1:45 but sorry, I didn't see them. We trolled around Windy Hill all morning with jigs and minnows without a bump. Went up in the Salt and boated 2 bass on drop-shot and 7 very nice crappie on spoons. We loaded up at 1:45 when that wind started. ..........Art

Thanks Art,

I came back to the dock around 1130, but couldn't dock, so I retreated to the calm leeward area by shelter island to figure out how to get loaded.  I sat there and fished for another hour or so and realized the wind wasn't getting any better.  Around 1pm, I used my trolling motor to creep up to the dock and then used the remote to spot lock it away from the dock while I went to get my trailer.  I was able to carefully bring it back closer to the dock and jump in the boat when the dock rose up and the boat dropped.

Because the boat was taking water over the stern with each swell, I quickly winched up and drove up the ramp and forgot to pick them up.  I went back to the ramp around 3pm and there was a couple in a black aluminum Ranger trying to decide if they wanted to go out or not.  They hadn't seen them either... 

Offline wally g

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2020, 08:16 AM »
May sound funny but did you look in the water around the dock?
The wind does funny things!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal