Author Topic: Roosevelt 3/20  (Read 1806 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Roosevelt 3/20
« on: March 21, 2021, 09:13 AM »
On the water around 8:30am after AZCA meeting and off by 1:30.  Fished with my parents on Salt end caught 7 crappie and lots of b@ss all around 20ft of water.  Released the smaller 11" one and kept 6 for parents' fish fry.  No luck on the front long poles fishing vertically my parents were schooling me with basic jig setup so I switched to jigs and had some better luck.  Water temp 61 and up to 62.7 by the time we left - no wind all day until it started picking up around 1:30.  Seems like now is prime time to fish for spawn at least on Salt side.
Also, headed up to first-come first-serve camping at Windy Hill Fri night - nearly all single sites were taken in all open loops by 6pm.  We found one in Jackrabbit but wow it's getting busy there.  I'm wondering if Schoolhouse was more open.

Interested in attending Spring Crappie Fest (April 10), check out http://www.azcrappie.com/forum/index.php/topic,4593.0.html
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 11:01 AM by OneBlade »

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Roosevelt 3/20
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 04:23 PM »
Thanks for the report Matt, was is the story on the tire? another Carlisle tire bite the dust?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 05:23 PM »
Thanks for the report Matt, was is the story on the tire? another Carlisle tire bite the dust?
No, not Carlisle.  I knew to stay away from those.  It was a Hartland but looking at year it may have just been getting old (2015).  Glad it happened where it did we had room on side of road to pull over.  Check (and reply) to my tire discussion here: http://www.azcrappie.com/forum/index.php/topic,4119.msg32591/topicseen.html#new

Offline wally g

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 07:50 AM »
nice to see you and the parents on the water.
hope the tire thing was small set back
we all get a turn 

justfishaz

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2021, 10:01 PM »
Glad to see some crappie are being caught. And the looks of it having fun doing it

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal