Author Topic: Lake Pleasant Bluegills - CAST for Kids  (Read 1130 times)

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
Lake Pleasant Bluegills - CAST for Kids
« on: April 04, 2022, 08:43 AM »
I'm participating in the CAST for Kids event at Lake Pleasant in a couple weeks. Taking a special needs kid out fishing for a couple hours.

Looking for recommendations where to find Bluegills or areas to fish. Would really like to find some fish for the kid to catch.

I usually only fish Pleasant at night for stripers so any info you may have would be greatly appreciated!

LLL

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
Re: Lake Pleasant Bluegills - CAST for Kids
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2022, 09:32 AM »
Ditto for me.....Not sure where to start at that damn lake.

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2022, 12:21 PM »
I'll take any advice as well, as I'll be out there too.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2022, 01:06 PM »
Get some worms and some minnows, not too many of each will be necessary.  Rig them up with a slip bobber.  If the kid doesn't mind a boat ride head up castle creek.  Otherwise go fish the shallows northwest of the ramp near the sherrifs station.  Fish that slip bobber while searching for a bedded bass.  The lake should be clear enough to see down 15-20 feet in the watercolumn.

I wish I could join you.

Stevert

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2022, 01:50 PM »
I've never struggled to accidentally catch bluegil at Plez. Worms, corn, or really anything will catch them. I had a buddy throw styrofoam on a hook once with a dab of Kick'n Bass and still caught a gill.

I always find them on any rocky shorline, boulder piles, or submerged trees. A worm on the slip bobber, like Stevert suggested, could find you catching some bass as well. I don't know what the clarity is like right now, but that lake is always clear on the main, so finding any cove will be good.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal