Author Topic: 4/28 - 4/30 Crappie are HIDING well  (Read 1199 times)

Offline OneMoreCast

• AZ Home Guide
4/28 - 4/30 Crappie are HIDING well
« on: May 02, 2022, 03:10 PM »
Howdy -

Spent Thursday - Saturday trying to get on the crappie at Rosey....Awful is how I would sum it up. Went with the typical post-spawn pattern search...suspended fish at 15-25 in 30-40 FOW. Found schools all over the lake but couldn't get them to bite. We threw minnows, Bobby Garland's, marabou's, other plastics, the kitchen sink at them. Not a single crappie.

Talked to 12 or 13 other boats...nobody could get them to bite. One bass boat caught one on a crank bait.

Missed the spawn by 2 weeks, as per usual!

Thursday started off with a bang - 2nd cast of the morning. Threw a double Bobby Garland jig setup and caught 2 largemouth. The larger LM on the top jig and smaller LM on the bottom jig. We thought is was On Like Donkey Kong. Later in the day we picked up 3 decent channel cats all on slip bobbered minners. Fished all day Friday and Saturday with only a few bluegill to show for it.

Going to head to Bartlett to try to restore my faith in crappie fishing. Thanks to Fishman's posts it seems there is still hope...

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: 4/28 - 4/30 Crappie are HIDING well
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2022, 06:14 AM »
Hey thanks for the report. Rosey is tough I've heard similar reports from others as well. Good luck at Bartlett though.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal