Author Topic: Rosey Stripers 6/4...  (Read 1378 times)

Offline apenland01

• AZCA Members
Rosey Stripers 6/4...
« on: June 05, 2022, 02:02 PM »
Went night fishing last night with a couple of buds on the Salt end of the lake 7pm-3am, great weather.  Got about 30 fish, but only 3 crappie, 3 stripers and the rest catfish using minnows.

I have never caught a Striper before at Roosevelt and got 2 of them.  Couldn't believe it!  I thought it was a nice bluegill, but once it came out of the water, obviously not.  I didn't think Rosey even had stripers in the lake.  All 3 stripers were juveniles.

Of the 3 crappie, one was full grown the other two were obviously spawned in the last month or so, as they were quite small.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
Re: Rosey Stripers 6/4...
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2022, 10:32 PM »

Offline apenland01

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2022, 05:46 AM »
Thanks for the link!  Never caught a yellow bass before either, didn't know about it.

Sounds like it's a decent eating fish, so if we hit them again in the future with any size, we'll keep a few to eat and see how it is... 

Offline 85260man

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2022, 09:38 AM »
I had a similar experience at Bartlett that night.  The crappie seemed to be scattered around my area rather than concentrated in a school by structure.

Also attracted a thousand fry with the lights.  With that massive buffet on top of them not certain how to get them to come to *my* minnow.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal