Author Topic: Alamo is coming up fast  (Read 2901 times)

Offline Bob

Alamo is coming up fast
« on: January 16, 2023, 04:25 PM »
Hopefully it continues but this latest increase is enough to change the bite for sure.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Alamo is coming up fast
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2023, 09:12 PM »
lake has come up 2.4' today with huge amounts of water coming down Big Sandy and Santa Maria rivers :dance: Burro creek gauge is down but betting it is running heavy into Big Sandy below the gauge for that river that has not reached the lake yet
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2023, 07:02 AM »
Always good to get some water in our lakes.  Hope Bartlett also comes up some as well.

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2023, 12:44 PM »
Horseshoe and both ends of Roosevelt are roaring rapids right now. Massive amounts of water hitting both watersheds.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline Bob

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2023, 02:56 PM »
11' and still filling at the same steady rate.  Our late summer bite will be back this year!
 ;D

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2023, 03:47 PM »
Always good to get some water in our lakes.  Hope Bartlett also comes up some as well.

Matt horseshoe is getting big water from the Verde I expect SRP to start releasing more than 500cfs soon into Bartlett which will make it muddy and cold for a while at least up lake.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2023, 05:23 AM »
so far up 13' with still quite a bit of water coming down Burro, Santa Maria and Big Sandy water is higher than it was this time last year :dance:

Now we have to hope the CORP does not do a big release this spring to water the trees down on the Bill Williams. :angry4:

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2023, 06:09 AM »
Still a little bit of water coming into the lake but heck it gained right at 15' so that is wonderful. The dock at the main ramp below the store came loose and is floating in the middle of the lake g and f crew is going up today to retrieve it and hopefully get it set up at the cement ramp (if the gangway is not broken) :dontknow:

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2023, 03:14 PM »
Alamo has come up another 2' in the last couple days :o going to be a muddy cold mess for a while, heck crappie should be spawning by now over there :crybaby2:

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2023, 09:47 AM »
up 4' since mid week still lots of water in the rivers

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal