Author Topic: Ever Catch a 3lb Crappie?  (Read 1186 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Ever Catch a 3lb Crappie?
« on: March 11, 2023, 10:15 AM »
Awhile back we purchased AZCA 3lb-club pins for any AZCA member who catches a 3lb crappie at a club function/event. They can use their own scale and take picture of it we use the honor system.  To my knowledge, since then, only a few have caught that elusive crappie and lived to tell about it at the AZCA function to get their pin.

But.... I am interested, what is the largest crappie you've ever caught? Tell us about it.

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
Re: Ever Catch a 3lb Crappie?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2023, 07:57 AM »
242 views and no one responded come on man share you guys.

so im long linin in front of eagle tree on rosey. bam my 6 ft crappie max goes down. heavy load. and it didn't head to surface so not bass not rolling so no catfish. sweet. rad is bent in half. but 1ve got 10 lb flouro im good. not horsing, taking line when i can. just the night before i was asking fishless what its like when you rip the lip off a crappie, a papermouth. he said it feels like ripping though a weed. sho nuff my next feeling on the rod was a tearing just exactly like ripping through a weed... the mighty fish was gone. when a got the jig in a chunk of the bottom of a crappie lip was still hanging on. from the size of the lip it was im saying 3.2 easy.

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2023, 12:52 PM »
Captain Dave and I caught these 2 monsters along with about 30 other nice fish.....but these 2 dwarfed the rest of them. Didn't get a scale or tape on them, but they were the 2 bigest live crappie I've ever seen. The one with the humped head had to be at 3.0 or larger....it dwarfed the others.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline apenland01

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2023, 02:41 PM »
Damn nice fish Tommy!

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2023, 07:00 PM »
Captain Dave and I each caught one of the monsters...im pretty sure Dave had the bigger if the 2.  In hindsight, we should have waited for someone with a scale.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal