Author Topic: Slip Bobber Setup  (Read 1091 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Slip Bobber Setup
« on: June 06, 2023, 07:05 AM »
Setting up slip bobbers but haven't done this as much especially on reels setup with braid as the main line and a long fluoro liter.  Assuming you have liter of fluoro tied on via alberto knot to main braid, how and where does the slip bobber go?  I'm thinking it may need to be above alberto knot so it doesn't get stopped there or maybe alberto knot isn't big enough to stop it?  And do you have a bobber preference between 3 shown?  2 of them seem like they don't need the line cut to attach them on.  For bobber stops, I recently used the thread one on the right of the picture but it's still sliding when tied to braid so may try rubber stop one.  Improvements or suggestions on your setups appreciated.

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
Re: Slip Bobber Setup
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2023, 08:15 AM »
I use straight 6lb flourocarbon with the smallest pencil slip bobber I can find and a rubber stop.  That braid might be too slick to create enough friction to hold a bobber stop. 

Offline apenland01

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2023, 08:26 AM »
I use straight 6lb flourocarbon with the smallest pencil slip bobber I can find and a rubber stop.  That braid might be too slick to create enough friction to hold a bobber stop.

This is what I do, however, I've recently bought some crappie braid that I'm going to spool up and see how it behaves.  The problem with using the knot as a stop is that your depth will change with every hook retie, so it's best to use an adjustable stop of some sort so you can always set your desired depth...

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2023, 12:46 PM »
Matt....place a bobber stop and bead on the braid above the slip bobber. At the end of the braid place  a snap swivel. You can then easily add a fluro leader and spit shots at the snap swivel as needed. The bobber stop will slide easily up the braid to your desired length. The fluro leader need not be that long.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline craigm

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2023, 08:50 AM »
What Tommy said with these exceptions , no need for braid any line will do ,but floro is absolute , use a 7 to 9 ft limber rod , been doing it this way with 6 lb mono and 4 lb floro for walleyes for as long as i can remember and i am really old . (if nite fishing we use lighted bobbers )

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal