Author Topic: MinnKota Terrova Repair  (Read 780 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
MinnKota Terrova Repair
« on: October 08, 2023, 01:11 PM »
Is there a local guy who evaluates/repairs Minn Kota trolling motors?  My Terrova took a dump on Saturday and now won't power on (I verified power to the plug is 12/24V).

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: MinnKota Terrova Repair
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2023, 04:58 PM »
Matt, Ernie at Martin marine was authorized Minn Kota guy but he was getting real slow and one buddy had a real problem with his work I had heard he was close to retirement? the other guy on the west side that was great has retired. I have ordered lots of parts for my old Terrova TM last time it was the printed circuit board when mine died. I have always gotten my parts from Northland Marine super guys and their parts guys are real knowledgeable and very decent and they are good at diagnosing issues over the phone with the Minn Kotas and Terrovas? good luck
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: MinnKota Terrova Repair
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2023, 08:52 AM »
Thanks Bruce for the info.

I called Wickenburg Marine (928-684-3111) and they are authorized service for MinnKota, Garmin, etc. Sounds legit though but I would need to take my boat in and if they need parts, then leave it there.  Diagnostic fee (~$150) would go towards repair or new purchase if not worth repair.  Time to get Garmin???

Scott (TweakJr) mentioned to check voltage when powering on to see if it drops as may be circuit breaker.  I believe those are next to the battery inline, but don't remember so want to check that first before taking it to someone. 

I also was recommended to reach out to Sean Coffey (480-686-1644, or Facebook Messenger) for possible diagnosis and repair (I think) and he does excellent boat carpet installs (highly recommended) so maybe kill two birds with one stone.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal