Author Topic: San Carlos?  (Read 602 times)

Offline macman

San Carlos?
« on: December 03, 2023, 11:49 AM »
Anyone been to SC lately? Also know anyone who sells minnows in the globe area? Thanks!

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: San Carlos?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2023, 09:14 PM »
I haven't heard of anything.  Sometimes you'll hear comment offhand of someone catching but they are never verified. I think we need about a year or so.  I thought I saw they stocked it earlier this year, plus it gets fed in by Talkalai lake right? May want to check Liars Korner or you can try social media but beware answers may vary.  Good luck and let us know if you find any there.

Offline apenland01

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2023, 08:52 AM »
Don't know about San Carlos fishing, but I met a couple of guys at Hoofin It in Globe where I buy my minnows and they said it had been stocked with crappie.  Hoofin It just moved, but they are still by the hospital, it's in an HVAC shop now, same owners....

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2023, 09:30 AM »
Around May 17th, 2023, I posted about stocking here: http://www.azcrappie.com/forum/index.php/topic,4974.0.html

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2023, 06:03 AM »
Yes Matt, San Carlos does get fed from Talkali lake by way of San Carlos river (when there is water in that river) majority of the water comes from the Gila river, I was in eastern AZ this last week and the Gila river was bone dry in Duncan have never seen it totally dry (we need more snow and rain) I think I heard the only place you can get permits for the reservation is at their wildlife office no one sells permits in Globe anymore.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal