Author Topic: Christmas Tree Fish Habitat Install at Roosevelt Lake Jan 20  (Read 829 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
From https://volunteer.azgfd.gov/need/detail/?need_id=873421

The Arizona Game and Fish Department will be installing donated Christmas Trees into Roosevelt Lake on Saturday, January 20th starting at 9:00 AM. Exact location to be determined.

We will be tying trees to cinderblocks and loading them up on Department pontoons to distribute around the lake. Volunteers will be able to help build and deploy trees. We will provide some gloves, for those that need them, along with the habitat supplies to get the trees ready to deploy.

Volunteers should bring their own water, food, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, etc. Volunteers will want to wear closed toed shoes and clothes appropriate for January weather. If you have any questions feel free to email Lacey Schmitt at LSchmitt@azgfd.gov or Nathan Bailey at NBailey@azgfd.gov.

Time: 1/20/24 at 9:00AM - completion (2-3PM)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: Christmas Tree Fish Habitat Install at Roosevelt Lake Jan 20
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2024, 05:26 PM »
Shared to me from Bruce (fishless) who got from Lacey at AZGFD:
> This past Saturday (1/20) we installed 1,035 Christmas trees at 12 sites around Roosevelt Lake. Thanks to all of you that came out to help. We've still got roughly 1,000 trees to install. That will take place on Friday (1/26) at Ringtail Boat Ramp from 9PM-completion (roughly 3PM) Sign up here: https://volunteer.azgfd.gov/need/detail/?need_id=873889

> Keep an eye out for some additional dates we'll use to finish up these projects:
Tuesday Jan 30th at Apache
Monday February 5th at Apache OR Roosevelt Site TBD.

If you're free and would like to join for any of these builds, please sign up using the links above.  We could use the help.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 05:28 PM by OneBlade »

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2024, 05:31 PM »
g and f said they had close to 30 volunteers :o :dance: and 4 pontoon boats taking trees out, guess it was a heck of an effort :headbang:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2024, 06:46 AM »
Friday, Jan. 26 - Roosevelt Lake. Meet at 9 a.m. at the Ringtail Boat Ramp at the Windy Hill Recreation Site. On Jan. 20, AZGFD staff and volunteers installed 1,035 Christmas trees to be used as fish habitat at 12 sites around Roosevelt Lake. There are roughly 1,000 additional trees left to install. We will be tying trees to cinder blocks and loading them up on department pontoons to distribute around the lake. We will provide some gloves, for those that need them, along with the habitat supplies to get the trees ready to deploy. Volunteers should bring their own water, food, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, etc. and should wear closed-toed shoes and clothes appropriate for January weather. Work is anticipated to take from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. To sign up for this project, visit https://volunteer.azgfd.gov/need/detail/?need_id=873889. If you have questions, please email Lacey Schmitt at lschmitt@azgfd.gov or Nathan Bailey at nbailey@azgfd.gov.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal