Author Topic: What a fun day at Alamo 4/20 the old girl is back  (Read 2905 times)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
What a fun day at Alamo 4/20 the old girl is back
« on: April 21, 2011, 07:32 AM »
Thought I would go postal before I even got to fishing :sign0151: friggen midweek bass tourney and a carp tourney on a wednesday :wtf: with the main launch parking lot FULL :wtf: had to park on the side of the hill :o dealt with wind, bassaholes driving all over the lake and carp guys cruising 6' off shore, in spite of blood pressure peaking before I even dropped the trolling motor had a great day.

What fun, wish I would of got there earlier (was tired from fishing the day before at bartlett) only fished from 11:30 till 5pm (old body was tired by 5PM) could of kept catching fish till dusk and bite was on as soon as I got there so 2-3hrs earlier would of added to the sunburn :greengrin:, the old alamo lake was back, started site fishing for big males on beds using the maribou jig and the long pole, wind came up which stopped that with ripples/waves on the water. Started to catch crappie in trees 10' or less (fun to see black or silver missles fly vertical up to grab a jig :D) man they open their mouth long before the get to the jig as they shoot straight up to grab chow :headbang:, wind started getting worse (as the weather guys had predicted) so I thought I would run up lake and hit it quick to see if anything was still there before the west wind got worse) friggen water was 75-76 degrees :( almost turned around and headed back down lake) but thought would try it quick and then leave, well I left that area at 5PM, and the wind actully got quieter later in the day which is unusual for alamo in the spring, crappie up shallow 3-6' of water with 76 degree water :wtf: BBC and the fun was on till I left. Will add that to my crappie knowlege or lack of :banghead: have never fished 75 degree water for spawning crappie :dontknow: but they were there.

there is tons of fry swimming eveywhere from up lake to down near main launch ramp if even a small percentage of those fry are crappie the first spawn was great :D

caught 60 plus BIG crappie only 3 spent females, kept 15 which are still chilling to be filleted as getting home at 8PM brain was fried. Love the "tick" of a crappie hitting a jig coming back from shore (and they ate it)

two days of fishing (waiting for my thank you letter from QT gas) for increasing their stock value :bootyshake:

« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 07:37 AM by Fishless »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
Re: What a fun day at Alamo 4/20 the old girl is back
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 10:04 AM »
Very interesting report... I'm heading out Saturday and was gonna hit Bartlett, but after this report I'm not sure. You think it might be worth it for this N00B to hit up Alamo over B-Lett?

Offline sandman

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 10:19 AM »
We're thinking about going out Saturday too. I'm wanting to go to SC, Patti still hasn't decided where we will go (She likes Bartlett :) )

wadefisherman

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 02:31 PM »
Nice report Bruce   :headbang:

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 03:11 PM »
My brother doesnt want to go to Alamo, so it looks like we'll be going to Bartlett. Oh well. There's always our next meeting. I hope to have another light or 2 built by then. :-)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal