Author Topic: game and fish doing surveys at bartlett this week  (Read 2520 times)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
game and fish doing surveys at bartlett this week
« on: April 27, 2011, 05:34 AM »
g and f is doing the shocking and gill netting at bartlett, started last week, finishing this week, lots of equipment problems with generators, they said they were swamped with volunteers from g and f so did not need any help, they will send me results on crappie counts when they are done.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
Re: game and fish doing surveys at bartlett this week
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 08:47 AM »
Yeah, I talked to that woman (I think Diane or Denise...) that worked out there last year at Bartlett after fishing on Saturday and she told me they got 6 nets done with 2 boats before their helpers had 11 done with 1 boat. Her boats were having issue after issue. I complained about not getting an invite since the weather ruined my fun last year and she mentioned having way too many volunteers. They asked a few people to leave actually. As of last Saturday she said they didn't have significant, if any, numbers on crappie.

She also mentioned that they're gonna try to speak with SRP for the spawn next year so this BS doesn't happen next year. After this weekend, my concern went from the fish spawn to the safety of boaters. Bartlett is beginning to look more and more like Pleasant. When you take that lake down to 50% and everyone still goes it becomes very dangerous. Too much congestion, narrow passageways and shallow water out of nowhere!

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: game and fish doing surveys at bartlett this week
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 11:04 AM »
ya lots of generator problems, they actually said they enjoyed the help from AZCA last year. I have been pushing them to meet with SRP to see if they can work with them on helping fishing in our lakes. SRP used to be strictly water delivery which is still their priority but they have worked with g and f when habitat projects have been done so hopefully positive results will be possible when they meet. I really think SRP may not really no the biology of a lake as far as wildlife?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal