Author Topic: Talkaili Lake  (Read 3190 times)

Offline heynow

Talkaili Lake
« on: May 09, 2011, 08:57 PM »
Has anybody been up to Talkalai Lake lately? And if so how is the road getting in and out.

Offline Bearclaw

Re: Talkaili Lake
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 07:58 AM »
  I've fished Talkaili 3 times this spring, but the crappie bite has been nearly non-existent. I've boated only 2 crappie in 3 trips.  Water temps were perfect too...60-65.   The clarity of the water is not as good as last year though...it is stained quite a bit.  I have also talked with several other fishermen out on the lake and none of them were catching crappie.  Last year was superb crappie fishing, but this year is completely different.  I've tried trolling and jigging in the sticks...  very frustrating as I really do like this small lake.   The road into and out of the lake is fine.  Let me know if you have better luck than I have had.

Bearclaw

Offline heynow

Re: Talkaili Lake
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 07:43 AM »
Thanks for the info. I think we might try it out in a couple of weeks. So do you launch from the north side or south side. I've always launched from the south. I just wanted to know how its is crossing the river. Its been almost a year now since been there. The plan is to fish for crappie then if they aren't biting go for bass. I love that lake it gets very little fishing pressure. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal