Author Topic: Alamo 28 July  (Read 6769 times)

wadefisherman

Alamo 28 July
« on: July 30, 2011, 09:10 AM »
Went to Alamo with Mac and Kristen. Other than great company this was one of my worst days ever. We had a blow out on the way to the lake. We got there after dark so we set up by the dam in the usual spot. We got nothing for the first hour, then we moved to the other side of the dam. Nothing but one bass. So we moved up lake and tried one of the coves on the east side, we picked up 2 dinks  :fish: and one keeper. So we moved to another cove and the the trolling motor stopped working (it was the fuse) So we called it a night around 1:00. We got home and then my daughters car had a flat tire that I had to take care of and then the spring on the garage door came off. Went to discount tires and they changed out both trailer tires that were changed out last year under warranty but still needed to pay $34 for new warranties and they said I need to replace two of the truck tires for $400+. I still need to get the boat fender back together and mounted. It was a repeat of what happened last year except this was the other side. What a freaking day!

Piscolli

Re: Alamo 28 July
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 02:58 PM »
That sucks Brian, nothing like a day from hell to get the old blood pressure up. Oh well bro, its over now and the next trip should be crackin. Good to see Macaroni and Chris out again.

Offline The Desert Rat

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 07:33 PM »
----we must suffer from the same curse-----my Mother -in Law showed up at my house---

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 07:44 AM »
I've got that curse also. In the 2 mounths......
coffee maker $100
microwave $350
copy/fax/printer $200
fuel pump $900
hot water heater $370
wash machine -- still under warranty
a/c --still under warranty
boat trailer lights-- it was the truck, still under warranty

I thought things only broke in three's. I should be good for awile

wadefisherman

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 08:12 AM »
Misery loves company :)  :3some:

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 08:39 PM »
Fish finder, bilge pump, boat battery charger, water heater, spider gears in the GMC rear end......all in the same 30 days.  It never stops.

Offline on the rocks

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 10:14 AM »
My week from HE double hockey sticks was about a month ago. Brain in Trailblazer took a dump worked for a day then died again took it back to get it fixed again which the mechanic did went to leave and did not pull in front of a little ole lady I just drove straight into her WTF looked both ways twice and still drove right straight into her. My mechanic and service writer were leaving as I sat there waiting for the cops to show up and give me a ticket they both gave the look you the one DUMB ASS Then to top off the week my computer came up with blue screen. Since then clips on fuel pump broke left me stranded, got a red light running ticket $224.00 fine plus traffic survivior school additional $60.00 plus an 8 hour class on a Sunday. And to top it all off Marvin has been out striper fishing me to about 5 to 1 :dontknow:

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 11:49 AM »
Looks like the love is being spread around, or maybe its just economy stimulus lol

Piscolli

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 03:50 PM »
OK, here I go. In the past 6 or 8 weeks:

Computer monitor $95 (killer deal from newegg.com)
Printer $45 (newegg)
Radiator $200
Full tune up $125
Fule Ingectors $550
AC charge/ part $50
New desktop PC $425
Water valve for pool $185
Seagram 7 $??????????

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 07:01 AM »
i here all dat. going back to mn this month hoping to pinch some extra green from the office and ive had 3 good weeks, but bills were and extra 3k last month chit. so im stuck spending my first 4 nights at the inlaws. at least they have a lund tyee,circa 73, a toon and my bestest buddy from long ago on the same lake, roy part of the beauty gull chain. life could be worse.
 on the boat this year:
            tm - 1100 best money spent i pilot a joy
            cover - 350 seems good seams tight
            an oil leak, not my hydrolics - requires oil or fuel,wtfdik, pump replaced, cost signicant were checking the warranty. so far it still runs like a champ. champs.
 i havent been around much cuz since the big dust storm, i keep my haboobs to myself, my internet connectionhas been so slow yesterday you couldnt even measure it on the speed test. i got no other options either. chit.
 fishin wise. lake mary the week after our meeting. hung for weekend w/brenda, fished two hours from shore with waterdogs notta but some nice sun, not cruel mean sun like it is here. next weeken camped at no.9 burnt corral and it didnt cool down at night, tough night me and the fan and 88 degrees even the rats were panting here abd there. slept flat on my back and it was as tight as a drum in the am  on the lake at 7 ,two chitty cats a big gill two dink lbs and no eyes. hot and muggy off the alke at 1100. no glory. i tried trollin a very pretty red and orange large swimbait flex something. notta from no one. last weekend brenda hiked the cee canyon trail out of christopher creek. menrats went to bear canyon and threw a cast master for a couple hours.notta but the ospreys were cool. lots of folks in the eara though, jeez. then we found a trail and we hiked a couple miles then went back and ate chips and drank brews till b returns at  at 430.
   long days and pleasant nights.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal