Author Topic: Rosey 9-10-2011  (Read 2876 times)

Piscolli

Rosey 9-10-2011
« on: September 11, 2011, 09:51 AM »
The storm the night before sealed our fate fa sho. We trolled grubs, minnows and 10-12 foot cranks at the mouth of a couple coves, the buoy line at School House and near Salome. 1 rat bass and 1 gill, no Crappie. We fished from 7:30 am to noon then went to the AZCA meeting. After that we headed home.

Pretty nice day though but it did get a little warm around noon. The lake is down about 25' from full and the water is a beautiful light, clear green color. There is some water coming in on the Salt so the water up there is stained pretty good.

We also found a dead gizzard shad near School House. Its the first one I've ever seen and that sucker was about 14" long! It makes me wonder what all the schools of fish we graphed were, Crappie or shad.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Rosey 9-10-2011
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 08:11 AM »
I think the biggest gizzard shad they have netted is 18" there were rumors of them in rosy for a couple years but never showed up in gill nets or shocking, last year when g and f did surveys the lake was full of them

probably eating the baby crappie :o
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal