Author Topic: Bartlett 10/16  (Read 2982 times)

Offline AZfisherdude

Bartlett 10/16
« on: October 17, 2011, 05:06 PM »
So we got out there yesterday and trolled around some by the Yellow Cliffs and Cat Bay but didn't catch any crappie. Looked like there were some stacked up but we went through them a couple times with no bites dragging various grubs and even some shad. Later, we put out the lights and moved a few times settling along the cliffs where we caught about 20 crappie with only 5 being worthy of dinner. My buddy caught a monster cat. I posted pics and details on the bass zone but I know you guys like to keep the chat here related to crappie. Forgot to take pics but 4 of the 5 were real good size. Interesting thing when I filleted them today was that much of the meat had blood. I had them on ice immediately and did nothing different from the way I normally handle fish I am going to eat. Recent catches from other lakes did not have this happen? Anyway, it was a rather slow night for us but a few crappie and being successful with a new bass bait, in addition to a monster cat made it all worth while   :glasses9:

Piscolli

Re: Bartlett 10/16
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 05:12 PM »
Thanks for the report Chris.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal