Author Topic: SC 10-29-2011  (Read 4190 times)

Piscolli

SC 10-29-2011
« on: October 29, 2011, 06:29 PM »
Trolled grubs from 9 a to 3 p. Me and Brian both limits. About 12 other boats, very nice day

Offline AZfisherdude

Re: SC 10-29-2011
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 02:05 PM »
Cool man. Glad to hear it is still happening. Notice anybody catching the largemouth too? I am seriously thinking of getting out there on Tuesday. Trying to convince my buddy it is worth the drive  :greengrin:

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 02:24 PM »
We were out there on Friday Chris - Didn't get a good look but some float tube guys looked like they had a few bass on their stringer.  Did see one nice bass caught by another guy while trolling for Crappie.

LLL

Offline AZfisherdude

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 09:09 AM »
Thanks LLL, I will talk it over with him again today and see if he wants to do it. He is wanting to go somewhere closer so I don't know if it is going to happen. I gotta get a 4 wheel drive.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 09:13 AM »
Thanks LLL, I will talk it over with him again today and see if he wants to do it. He is wanting to go somewhere closer so I don't know if it is going to happen. I gotta get a 4 wheel drive.
Sounds like you're in the same 'boat' as me.  No 4x4 so relying on others.  Plus when I do have friends who want to go fishing, some of them are reluctant to go to the further lake with slightly longer drives and I'm not sure why.  Just wake up an hour earlier and who cares?!  I think they'd rather fish at a lake where fishing would be tough instead of driving 45 minutes more each way to a better lake. 

Offline AZfisherdude

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 02:45 PM »
Exactly! Well, we decided to go. He's gotta be home by 5 for something so we are going to head out super early. If any of you guys are going to be out there, make sure to say HI! I'll be in a red lund 14' tiller.

Offline AZfisherdude

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 09:17 AM »
Fishing was slow for the morning. We spent most of our time pursuing green carp and only got one. Not for lack of trying. I left a grub hanging over the side while we were doing so and caught 1 crappie. In the afternoon, we met up with some other boats and talked to them. They said the morning was really tough for crappie. We were all in a floatilla out on front of the launch area, near the cliffs and caught 8 crappie in about an hour then we had to go. The wind was picking up pretty good right then too. Everybody was catching in that spot but the guys I talked to said they were fishing that area earlier and got nada. Seemed like the crappie were roaming a bit as it would get hot then cold. Those guys said they were only catching them on minnow and couldn't get a bite on grubs but that's all we had and what we caught them on. Water temp was 60 in the morning and I forgot to look in the afternoon. The water is up quite a bit from a few weeks ago and had me a little disoriented as to where to fish. Really hope we get some water in there. Really cool lake.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal