Author Topic: Roosevelt 10/8  (Read 3189 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Roosevelt 10/8
« on: October 10, 2011, 08:38 AM »
Fished Roosevelt in the Bob Hirsch Classic event this weekend as did a bunch of others.  I fished with menrats and we initially went to the shoreline near Schoolhouse buoys and ran that up and down and into a couple small coves in that area.  We trolled anywhere from 0.8mph to 1.2mph with Roadrunner jigs with BBC, John Deere green, and wally world 2" grubs tipped with minnows (only had a few live ones so some were dead).  We ranged from 8ft of water to 30ft and our lines were probably 10-15ft down at most.  We caught 1 good-sized catfish and some small bass but no crappie in that area.  The prior day I fished that same area but not as close to shore and in an area more in the middle with submerged trees.  I graphed fish but only caught snags.

Then from 11am-2pm we fished Why Cove mouth and in the cove.  We caught some bass and one 9 1/2" crappie, which we threw back since it wasn't the 10" length recommended by the AZCA to keep.  The one we caught was deeper and caught once I added some weight on my line to get it below the 10'-15' I was previously running at.

I saw a few boats out there at night.  Wonder how they did.

Piscolli

Re: Roosevelt 10/8
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 10:20 AM »
It was a tough day fa sho. We caught 1 Crappie at 9 am then nada. Good weather though and another great turn out for the event.

Offline AZfisherdude

Re: Roosevelt 10/8
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 12:28 PM »
Wow, I wonder when it will get good out there again? I dig that lake but since I suck at bass fishing I need to at least think I am going to get one some crappie to justify the drive lol! I like to target multiple species when I go out to increase my odds of making excuses  :lol_hitting:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal