Author Topic: Bartlett 12/30  (Read 3111 times)

Online OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Bartlett 12/30
« on: December 30, 2011, 07:47 PM »
I took 3 boys ages 8 and under to Bartlett Lake this Friday.  We were by Cat Bay area by 12:30 and saw Fishless there.  We trolled in 30ft of water with a wide variety of colors and found a lot of small crappie under 10".   They were all tipped with minnows.   We were out of there by 4pm and landed only 5 or so, but they were all non-keepers.  I probably saw 5-10 bites too that they didn't take the hook.  So no keepers except some guy gave me a lunker crappie so I get a fish fry tomorrow.  I had my AZ Crappie shirt on so some guy asked me about it and I responded for them to google it (hope google has the right website!).  As I packing up stuff on land, another AZ crappie member stopped by and I can't remember his screen name but he's from Ohio I think and comes during the winter.  Probably see him at the Alamo trip as it sounded like he was going.  I couldn't tell if others were catching or not. Oh, I did catch one on a crankbait so that was a first.  I thought it was big but turned out to be double-hooked so came in sideways and not very big at all.

I did find places all around Cat Bay where it sure looked like my fish finder saw a school there.  I know what trees look like on my finder and these were either bushes or schools.  I didn't have the patience to just stop and try there as I was juggling 2 poles and 3 kids with constant requests!

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
Re: Bartlett 12/30
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 10:51 PM »
Nice job Matt, and I'm not just talking about the fishing!!  Lots-o-work with da crew you had onboard.  Thanks for the report!

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 06:16 AM »
good job Matt, nice meeting you today, great job keeping the kids entertained and they seemed/sounded well behaved, could not believe that guy pulling his young daughters on a tube with no wet suit on with 53 degree water and 70 degree air temp bet they were a popsicle by the time they got out of the water. Hope fishing picks up, been a long long time since I have been skunked at bartlett, humble pie day for sure. :angry4: :dontknow: :ecomcity:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline o from wi

• AZCA Members
  • snow bird
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 05:04 PM »
I'm the guy who met you as you were loading up. It was my first time on Bartlett,,,, nice lake. I got only small ones too, maybe 6,,, lots of bites. I can't believe the price of minnows! OVER $3.00 a dozen! Back home (Wisconsin) we get 6 doz for a buck! Gotta learn to wiggle those grubs better. I did start getting more action as I slowed to about .7 / .8 mph. Yes I plan to do the Alamo trip. My picture is from Alamo last year about mid April,,, got lucky that day. 25 fish filled my cooler! I may try for some strippers next week. Tip's always welcome.
Never trust a man who doesn't drink!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal