Author Topic: Bartlett 1/6/12  (Read 3469 times)

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
Bartlett 1/6/12
« on: January 06, 2012, 08:22 PM »
Very last minute trip to Bartlett, caught 3 Crappie slow trolling @ .3 mph in the 4.5 hours I was there.  One keeper size & two under da limit - all returned to make more Crappie!  Didn't bother with minnows just used jigs.  Think minnows would of helped... :dontknow:   More details in members section....

LLL

« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 09:08 PM by cousinlll »

Offline o from wi

• AZCA Members
  • snow bird
Re: Bartlett 1/6/12
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 11:18 AM »
Fished Bartlett Thursday. Caught 15 crappie, all small (to me). All but two on BBC tails. Last Saturday it was ALL on minnows??? Troll speed .8 mph, everything in 21 to 23 feet of water. Nothing deeper. I saw a few NICE fish caught. One of the guys was trolling an orange/silver crank bait at least TWICE as fast as I was. . With the last Alamo report I read (thanks wadefisherman) I may bypass Alamo and fish Bartlett next weekend. As for bad luck,,, my glasses are now structure on the bottom of Bartlett. I too have new lights on the boat AND a spare WITH air in it. The water in the boat came from Live Well drain hose leak under the floor (drains out under the boat). With live well empty AND PLUGED, water came UP from drain exit hole into boat. With rubber arms and hanging from a trapeze I managed to replace it.
Never trust a man who doesn't drink!

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 10:15 PM »
With the last Alamo report I read (thanks wadefisherman) I may bypass Alamo and fish Bartlett next weekend. As for bad luck,,, my glasses are now structure on the bottom of Bartlett

Thanks for da Bartlett report!!  My two cents - always good to try out a different lake.  Alamo may be turning on also, never know unless you give it a try!  And if you ever make it out to San Carlos, be on the lookout for a pair of silver framed glasses lost somewhere midlake.... :o ;D

LLL

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 10:25 AM »
And I have a pair in Canyon that were only one day old!
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 10:58 AM »
I have a rod holder and umbrella in Apache.  The umbrella was on its maiden voyage and not cheap.  Didn't realize wind would simply take it out of my hand and then it would sink so fast.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 04:36 AM »
one nice GPS unit in bartlett, couldn't get Billy to dive down 30' to retrieve it :whip2:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal