Author Topic: Alamo 1/27  (Read 8879 times)

wadefisherman

Alamo 1/27
« on: January 27, 2012, 06:46 PM »
Me, Willie & Gabe gave Alamo a try today. It is still very slow, we caught 7 in one area from about 1030 - noon and then they shut off again. So far it has been a very slow year at Alamo. 4 males with none of the fish being better than 1.25 lbs. Great day weather wise, overcast and about 70ish. Was gonna camp out if we had a better day but decided to bag it after the poor showing. None of the other fisherman we talked to had more than 3 fish, most were skunked. Water temp is still pretty cool, started at 51, ended up at 53.

Offline sandman

Re: Alamo 1/27
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 07:18 PM »
Thanks for the report. Glad you got the old man out on the water.

Offline Elefantdude

• I finally caught a nice Slab for my profile pic!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 10:40 AM »
Thanks for the report! Might be heading out there on 2/6-2/8 with my kayak.
Cheers!!!
Ed Elefante
Tight Lines ............ <'))))»•{

Offline wyco

• Tears of a Warrior
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 09:49 AM »
Thanks for keeping those updates coming in! Looking forward to my trip down to AZ next month!

Offline cookie

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 08:13 AM »
alamo jan 31 caught 24 slabs then wind got up and they shut down going back feb 9th as these were the best crappies i have caught in last two years. no little ones these were all about the same size large. hope this is year for alamo.dock is in at cholla and will be at main ramp after game and fish has them built. still working with the beauracrats on lights,should be approved soon.used a small gray jig that my brother ties,minnow trailer

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 04:17 PM »
Boy, I haven't been to Alamo in years! Were you trolling? Roughly, what part of lake and how deep? Might just take the time to head out there in few days.
Thanks in advance........and good fishing.
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline Elefantdude

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 08:17 AM »
I was on Alamo - 2/6 thru 2/8 for my first time there ever... Trolled for crappie with BBC and John Deere 2" grubs at different depths in my kayak. Caught 8 nice largemouth bass and no crappie. I heard other anglers saying they caught 5, caught 7 on the northern part of the lake. When I went across the lake at the northern ramp, because it started to get windy on Tuesday, I graphed fish at various depths on the northwest side. It seemed like a huge school. Several boaters were trolling and probably using minnows. They were catching a few crappie. My fishfinder had a water surface temperature of 58 degrees. i was hoping to catch some crappie so I could change my profile picture :-( I guess i can post the pic of me and one of the bass I caught :-)

Since it was my first time three, I was relying on my phone's GPS system. It took me north on 93 to a dirt road named Date Creek Rd? Anyone ever take that road. It was all dirt and I had a few good ruts on the road. I was hesitant on turning around, but since it was only a few miles to what I thought was the intersection of Alamo Rd, I figured I would just keep going. Well, Alamo Rd was the dirt road I was on! It turned into Wickenburg Rd and took me to Park Rd. It seemed to cut a lot of time taking that route. Luckily the roads were not muddy :-)
Cheers!!!
Ed Elefante

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 08:25 AM »
Thanks for the post, I have deer hunted off the road you took but have never gone all the way to the lake.
At least you caught bass and learned a little about the lake!
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline Elefantdude

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 08:35 AM »
You're welcome  :)  The road really opens up and really nice heading toward Park Rd, where there was a trailer park on the east side of the road. I did pass quite a few packs of javalina on the way up too!
Cheers!!!
Ed Elefante

Offline Elefantdude

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 08:39 AM »
BTW, I caught all my bass at 11 feet.   :fish:
Cheers!!!
Ed Elefante

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal