Author Topic: jig size and color?  (Read 3695 times)

Offline redmule

• Alamo Slabs...
jig size and color?
« on: January 28, 2012, 04:34 PM »
OK...  I think I'm about ready for the big plunge at Alamo (Feb 7 - 9)...   I have a lot of experience with Walleye, Northern Pike and panfish in the "way up north", but would like to learn the ways of the wily AZ crappie...  I have moved here now, and need to find the proper techniques and learn the lakes...  I have the camper and boat...  Got the poles...  Have some jigs and bodies (BBC & JD)...  But before I tackle it, any suggestions for jighead size and color?  I have a pretty good assortment, but would like to start on the right foot... 

I usually go by myself, and will post when and where I'm going, if someone without a boat would like a day or two on the lake...  I'm retired and like to go mid week to avoid the rush...

Have enjoyed your forum, learned a lot, and will be at the open meeting in March...

Thanks for the help...
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of
snakebite...  Furthermore always carry a small
snake.

Chris H

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
Re: jig size and color?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 06:04 PM »
http://www.azcrappie.com/forum/index.php?topic=861.0

That has some pretty good info. We all are always adapting out there and trying new things, but I think most of the guys always start with whatever they have confidence in. If that's not working then it's onto new depths and colors.
SEA.....HAWKS....

wadefisherman

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 10:21 PM »
Let me know if you need a partner. I fish Alamo allot.

Offline redmule

• Alamo Slabs...
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 10:45 PM »
I'll let you know when plans are firmed up, and maybe we can work something out...   I'll be happy for the company...
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of
snakebite...  Furthermore always carry a small
snake.

Chris H

wadefisherman

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 10:11 AM »
We live pretty close to each other, I'm in Surprise. Give me a call sometime. Brian hm 623-547-1908, cell 623-332-7747.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal