Author Topic: Alamo Feb 7th-9th  (Read 3753 times)

wadefisherman

Alamo Feb 7th-9th
« on: February 09, 2012, 09:00 PM »
The word is out Alamo is shall we say like our esteemed AZ leader. "It is Crackin", I met up with a soon to be new member, Chris, aka: Red Mule , he is new to the Az fishing scene so I offered to team up with him to show him Alamo. Needless to say we had a great time together and will be planning on more trips in the near future. His trailer and my boat make a great combo. Anyway we got up there on Tuesday and fished the evening without much success. So we started at safelight on Wednesday, Chris started out with a nice double and it was pretty slow until about 10:00 then all 4 poles went off, we lost 2 fish, one was a double on my pole, we pulled in a few fish before the school shut down. Around noon a flotilla was forming at the north end of the lake so we left the bouy line and mixed it up with the other boats. We finished up with 20 keepers and lost about 10 fish. We cleaned up and went to Wayside diner. Not much to offer but they make a pretty good burger with nice people working there. Thursday we went back out and picked up 14 more. We had about 6 fish that were over 2 lbs between the 2 days. There were some quality fish being pulled out. The water temp got up to 55.8, the females had blood on the roe so they are getting close. The low water must be making the lake warm up early this year. We hope to go back again next week, we saw tons of fish all over the lake, not all the schools were hungry. It should be awesome for the next month or so.

Offline sandman

Re: Alamo Feb 7th-9th
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 10:13 PM »
Of course they're crackin' at Alamo... we are heading to Roosevelt :)

Good job Brian.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 07:04 AM »
good report, this storm coming in sunday through wednesday which does not look like much rain but much cooler temps (low 60's in phx) may cool the water back down to winter time temps
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline timbo

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 03:24 PM »
Great report. I'm glad I'm going to San Carlos tomorrow that way when I don't catch any I can say it's because I went to the wrong lake. :lol_hitting:

Offline redmule

• Alamo Slabs...
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 08:33 PM »
Fresh slab for dinner...  Just can't beat that...  Thanx for showing me the lake, and letting me net all those fish for you  :thumbsup:   

Had a great time, Brian..  Same time next week Bro...   :headbang:

Anyone looking for us, we will be at  C-24
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of
snakebite...  Furthermore always carry a small
snake.

Chris H

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 10:19 PM »
Nice report.  That's great 2 days on the water. 

wadefisherman

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 07:06 AM »
Game on for next week!   :headbang:

Chris, I can't send to your home e-mail. It keeps coming back as a postmaster failure.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal