Author Topic: Alamo Feb 9-12th  (Read 6481 times)

Offline Crestliner TS192

Alamo Feb 9-12th
« on: February 13, 2012, 01:54 PM »
A buddy and I camped and fished thursday through sunday.

Thursday
8 Crappie, all nice size slabs in 20-25 feet

Friday
11 Crappie, 4-5 nice slabs in 17-23 feet

Saturday
20 Crappie, 2-3 nice slabs in 16-20 feet

Sunday
8 Crappie, 1-2 nice slabs in 20-25 feet

1/8oz roadrunner with john deere 2" kalin grub tipped with a minnow was the ticket. We tried BBC and Bubblegum but only caught a couple on the bubblegum.

Offline piratecaptain

Re: Alamo Feb 9-12th
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 04:18 PM »
Thursday would have been nine but one went into the grinder at the fish cleaning station :lol_hitting:
He says it committed fish suicide, I think too many pre fish cleaning cocktails :laugh:

Piscolli

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 04:56 PM »
Great report, thank you.

Offline timbo

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 05:25 PM »
Sounds like a great weekend. Thanks for the report.

wadefisherman

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 08:04 PM »
Sounds like another Alamo lover, I'm heading back tomorrow to fish wed - thurs. Nice report.  :sign0098:

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 09:46 PM »
I was going to go to Alamo for two or three days this week but with the weather I decided to wait till next week. The fishing reports are certainly showing that things are starting to happen. I have not been to Alamo in 20 years probably so it will be a learning experience for sure. I will be taking the wife and a fifth wheel so will be a fun trip regardless. Is there a preference in campgrounds keeping in mind I will want hook ups? I think that limits us to A or B? Thanks for any advice! :sign0144:
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline redmule

• Alamo Slabs...
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 10:43 PM »
"C" has all but sewer...   nice sites, and closer to cholla ramp, fish cleaning station, and hot showers...  Alamo lake web site has advance reservations, which I recommend... 

Have a great time...    :headbang:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of
snakebite...  Furthermore always carry a small
snake.

Chris H

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 05:32 AM »
ya weather is flakey through thursday with a second storm rolling in :(

one note of caution they have had a real problem with thefts at alamo. Seems to cycle on and off, goes for a while with no problems then for quite a while things start getting stolen at night, as far as I know they have never caught these maggots but they will steal fishing gear out of a boat with the people sleeping in there pick up bed right next to them etc. :wtf: so they are sneaky and got guts with everyone armed now a days :o. Just make sure lock up things out of the boat like graphs, fishing rods etc. and chain and lock up generators etc.  :banghead:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 08:10 AM »
Thanks for the input, I will look at "C" then. I have looked at the map/campground reservation site but not being familiar with the layout and being mid week I thought that I would forgo the reservation the first time.
Thieves suck, I hope they get caught soon. It is not just Alamo though, they are all over. I will certainly keep things locked.
Hopefully I will have a follow up report.
We went to Lake Novillo in Mexico over Valentines several times in years past. Had incredible crappie fishing there but with the current state of affairs I would not even consider a trip into that part of Mexico.
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 08:35 PM »
Thursday would have been nine but one went into the grinder at the fish cleaning station :lol_hitting:
He says it committed fish suicide, I think too many pre fish cleaning cocktails :laugh:

Now that's funny. 

Thanks for the reports. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal