Author Topic: Azcrappie forum newbie  (Read 5989 times)

Offline TERRY C

Azcrappie forum newbie
« on: February 15, 2012, 10:47 AM »
Hi guys,
I'm new to the forum (by the way I think its great!!)
I'm headed to Alamo next week 2-21 thru 2-25 .And was looking for
some tips or suggestions on where to fish I've never fished Alamo before.
Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.
Thx.

Offline azbohunter

Re: Azcrappie forum newbie
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 07:34 AM »
Hey Terry,
My wife and I are headed out there at the same time. I fished Alamo once about 20 plus years ago, I think it was in July and it was about 115! Lesson learned, maybe that is why it has taken me this long to want to go back :). We reserved a space C-21, stop by if we are in camp. We can compare notes.
Dick
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline Azflyfisher

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 04:55 PM »
Will have to say that I have not fished Alamo yet this year, but I normally do best up lake by the buoy line.

Offline redmule

• Alamo Slabs...
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 05:30 PM »
Just got back from Alamo an hour ago...  Fished with Wadefisherman for 2 days, 2/15 - 2/16, and he will put in a complete detailed info in a while...

Weather was poor both afternoons due to fronts, but mornings were great...  Even with the cooler temps and a little rain, we caught 7 on Wed and 11 today, just fishing till 11:30 or so both days...   Fish between second buoy line and north and west shoreline...  Watch for small flotilla...  Minnows (no jigs) at 8 - 12 feet deep in 14 to 25 feet of water...  Watch for trees, plenty of snags...Trolled .3 mph...  Stayed in campground C...  Nice spots...  Also, launch from Cholla ramp...

Ranger station is now open from 0800 to 1630 (4:30 PM) only...    Minnows available there... 

Have a good time...    :dance:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of
snakebite...  Furthermore always carry a small
snake.

Chris H

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 08:24 PM »
Just got back from Alamo an hour ago...  Fished with Wadefisherman for 2 days, 2/15 - 2/16, and he will put in a complete detailed info in a while...

Weather was poor both afternoons due to fronts, but mornings were great...  Even with the cooler temps and a little rain, we caught 7 on Wed and 11 today, just fishing till 11:30 or so both days...   Fish between second buoy line and north and west shoreline...  Watch for small flotilla...  Minnows (no jigs) at 8 - 12 feet deep in 14 to 25 feet of water...  Watch for trees, plenty of snags...Trolled .3 mph...  Stayed in campground C...  Nice spots...  Also, launch from Cholla ramp...

Ranger station is now open from 0800 to 1630 (4:30 PM) only...    Minnows available there... 

Have a good time...    :dance:

thanks for the report. 

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 10:00 PM »
Redmule, Thanks for the report. I had planned to be out there at the same time as you were but with the fronts coming through I put if off for a week. I am going Tuesday-Thursday. Should get in three mornings of fishing. Did you get on the water early?
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline redmule

• Alamo Slabs...
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 03:37 PM »
On spot by 0730 both days...  Had most of our fish by 0930 - 1000...  Weather looks great for all of next week...  I hope to get out for a couple days myself...  I'll post if I'm going so we can meet up and compare notes...  I'll be staying somewhere in campground C...  Good luck, azbohunter...

:thumbsup:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of
snakebite...  Furthermore always carry a small
snake.

Chris H

Offline TERRY C

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 10:28 PM »
Redmule, thanks for the report. azbohunter I'll also be out there tuesday- thursday not sure where I'll be camping at though. GOOD LUCK!!

Offline o from wi

• AZCA Members
  • snow bird
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 09:49 PM »
I have C40 reserved for sat night. Plan on being there b4 noon Sat. and stay to about 1 or 2 on Sunday. I fish the north area. Never had any luck to the left. I may try some night fishin' too this time. Look for tan/brown TERRY bass boat with newly installed (BIG, tan) sun screen umbrella. After I got it set up at home, my wife looked at it and said "don't expect to get ME in that boat",,,,,,, it's workin'!
Never trust a man who doesn't drink!

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 06:37 AM »
excellent strategy o, keep up the good work.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal