Author Topic: Roosevelt 3/10  (Read 4776 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Roosevelt 3/10
« on: March 11, 2012, 06:58 AM »
Got on the water at Windy Hill at 7am.  Headed across Schoolhouse ramp and was 3rd boat there.  Where is everyone?  Tonto end I think or maybe still sleeping.  Caught 15 1/2" crappie within the hour and 1 bass a little later.  No bites for next couple hours.  Headed over to inside Why Cove and mouth of it.  Caught nothing and no bites.  About 1pm, headed over to Salome Cove and went way in there and caught 2 more bass.  Tried at Salome Cove mouth too but didn't have enough time to check out the whole area.  Used double-jig setup with about every color and trolled 0.7mph to 1.0mph.  Crappie was caught on a larger black jig head with all black feather type tail with minnow.  I had that on to catch the other fish for excitement.

I saw Rocko caught 17" the day before and previous trip Piscolli caught a 3 pound.  Now those are slabs.   My 15 1/2" is my largest.  Thinking Spring Crappie Fest in April may not pull numbers (you never know), but will pull out another 16" or greater to win the Moby trophy.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Roosevelt 3/10
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 08:33 AM »
Matt what were the water temps in the different areas you fished?

thanks
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Piscolli

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 08:57 AM »
Me and Hawk fish in 54 to 55.5 degree water. We could not find any signs of fish moving shallow yet. They are still schooled and deep. But a week or 2 over warm overnight temps and that will change quick. I think Rosey is going to bust wide open and we should see a lot of Mobies.

Offline timbo

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 05:47 PM »
Jane & i caught 3 crappie sat. 2 14.5" & 1 15"  All late in day.
Sun. we didn't get any crappie just 2 bass.
We had a great time.
Timbo

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 08:34 PM »
My fish finders reported 56 deg surface temp in several places throughout the day.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 05:45 AM »
thanks still to darn cool
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline ringer

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 06:26 AM »
I put in at SH at 12:30 saturday and caught two nice crappie at 4:00 then went to eat at Ma's. Should have stayed out. Water was 55 degrees and got up to 58 by 4. I heard the bite is late in the day from the old man at the cafe. I think next two weeks it will pick up as the water warms a bit. Both fish hit the BBC with no minnow and the second jig was tipped. Bill, was that you in the white truck that came in saturday late? Saw a pitbull hanging out the window.

Piscolli

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 09:15 AM »
No I came in at 7 am to Windy and met Hawk there, fished on his rig, no Repo

Offline timbo

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 10:49 AM »
Bill - sorry I miss you & the meeting but I had a problem with my boat. ( no crappie)  >:(

Offline Rocko

• ahhhh
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 12:32 PM »
this weather should kick up the water temp this week, however another cold front is comming next week. 
Rocky

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal