Author Topic: Bart 5/26/13 night  (Read 6650 times)

Offline ArZFisher

Bart 5/26/13 night
« on: May 27, 2013, 09:13 AM »
Got to lake around 6:30pm. Water temp 78.4. I thought their would still be a bunch of people and boaters their but their was not. We saw two other boats all night.  Went to find some shad to have them and minnows but only neted up 5. I  ended up with 3 slabs,3 largies,catfish and blues. All fish caught 6'-12' down in 65' of water. This couple had a white surface light on all night in marina and we went over to see if they have caught any slabs they said one but then I looked down and WoW. They had a very big ball of shad going. So we asked if we could drop some lines around they said sure. Caught two slabs under their lights and they pulled out 2 more has well. They were biting minnows and shad. On 1/32 oz jig tipped with shad or minnow and slip bobber rigs.  Had a fun night. pic of shad and slabs below

Offline Palo Verde

Re: Bart 5/26/13 night
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 08:06 PM »

thanks for the great report

we are making Bartlett plans for next week

my son has yet to catch a crappie -- but, he'll get there

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 09:36 PM »
Thanks for the report.  1/32oz jig - I need to see that.  I wonder if I'm always choosing too big of jigs.

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 08:01 AM »
Thanks for the report.  1/32oz jig - I need to see that.  I wonder if I'm always choosing too big of jigs.

So her is pic of the jigs I use. I mostly use the 32oz. I have found the slab like the fall rate and action of it better than others. Remember thou when fishing super light jigs u need light line. The lighter the line the better will allow you to get the jig down but also feel every little tap. I have seen jigs go all the way to 1/100 oz but have never tried those. I meet these guys at rosey who were from Tucson and they were throwing 1/64 jigs with small white grubs and they were killing it. They were supposedly catching 100 a night. They had pics of a lot of fish from one night. So when I saw that I started using smaller jigs and have had a lot better success catching slabs.
1st top jig 1/16 oz
2nd middle jig 1/32 oz
3rd bottom jig 1/64 oz

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 08:47 AM »

So her is pic of the jigs I use. I mostly use the 32oz. I have found the slab like the fall rate and action of it better than others. Remember thou when fishing super light jigs u need light line. The lighter the line the better will allow you to get the jig down but also feel every little tap. I have seen jigs go all the way to 1/100 oz but have never tried those. I meet these guys at rosey who were from Tucson and they were throwing 1/64 jigs with small white grubs and they were killing it. They were supposedly catching 100 a night. They had pics of a lot of fish from one night. So when I saw that I started using smaller jigs and have had a lot better success catching slabs.
1st top jig 1/16 oz
2nd middle jig 1/32 oz
3rd bottom jig 1/64 oz

so your saying that you use 3 jigs per line?

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 09:18 AM »

[/quote]

To answer your question No. I never said anything like that. I use one jig per line. I know the rules and regs and that's illegal. I was just showing the jigs that I use. And using 3 jigs per line defeats the purpose of a light weight jigs. The only time I have multiple (meaning two) hooks is double minnow, bottom bouncing rigs. Also sometimes I make up improved Capps & Coleman rigs with minnow on top hook and run jig on bottom to see what they perfer. Other than that 1 hook one line or 2 hooks 2 lines or 4 hooks 2 lines if that does not make sense I don't know what to tell ya except I obey the rules and regs.

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 09:29 AM »
shazam.....
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 04:31 PM »

1st top jig 1/16 oz
2nd middle jig 1/32 oz
3rd bottom jig 1/64 oz

Fish Hawk is just jealous because he never goes fishing :crybaby2: when in the spawning mode I will go down to 1/32oz and even a couple years 1/48oz jig head because the crappie were so shallow spawning it gave the jig more time in the target area, the only thing about a real light jig head is you have to make sure the jig tail is fluttering as it goes down the kalin jigs are getting so cheaply made now that some of them the tails are short and will not do anything when decending where as the berkley grubs still flutter down, I use light line always low stretch clear so I feel the tick of the hit of a crappie. thanks for the report
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 05:13 PM »
Good thread.  Might have to ditch my 1/8oz jigs.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal