Author Topic: Showing my spider rig setup  (Read 13410 times)

Bob M

Showing my spider rig setup
« on: January 28, 2013, 06:41 AM »
There's been some talk on here about different setups so why don't we all show ours and explain why we do some things.  Thought I'd start it off.

In the attached picture you can see how my rig is set up.

Two Hi-Tek mounts with two poles on each.  Two 12' on left and two 16' on right.  Also on the right one is two round tube holders that hold two marker buoys each, green for trees and orange for suspended fish in open water.  Usually only use them until we can establish a troll pattern on the I-Pilot trolling motor that we like then pull the buoys.  I also keep a couple of un-weighted buoys to toss in for those that just have to fish other peoples markers.  Toss them in and watch the guys follow the drifting marker.  :icon_scratch:  The fish finder is also mounted to the rod holder so that it is easy to reach and see.  I have changed to an HDS-5 for the superior GPS it has.  There is a cup holder attached to the rod holder also that we use to hold the scent we dip bait or minnows into.  I also have vertical pole holders attached to the Hi-Teks so that when rigging the poles or moving to another spot the rods are all left up front standing up.  Have run full out with the rods there with no problems.  They are at slight angles to keep the rod tips from banging together in rough water.

I also have a baseball pitch counter riveted to the pole holders to keep track of the catch count.  It hasn't seen much use lately... :banghead:

« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 06:43 AM by Bob M »

Offline sandman

Re: Showing my spider rig setup
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 08:06 AM »
Nice rig.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 08:09 AM by sandman »

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 10:10 AM »
Cool thread......

What, no more donut hole for you Bob!  Agree that the Hbird gps is a bit slow trolling at less than .5  Read the other day that they are/have coming out with a faster receiver to help with the so called donut effect.

Nice set-up.  Have you attached the LSS to your TM?  I like the raised FF mount & am thinking about getting the Hi-Tek one.  Just ordered a new double seat setup that'll work with my existing Ranger 1.77" seat posets.

Here's some older pics I found, will update & post soon....

Double Hi-Teks on each side w/ GPS puck close to transducer on the old V2 that hasn't crapped out yet!  A ton of trolling time on it..

Need to get my Hbird off the floor

Fish Hawk in command, just ordered double seating & on each side of the pic are my vertical rod holders.  Can hold 6 rods securely at full throttle
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 10:25 AM by cousinlll »

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 03:27 PM »
nice pics guys thx. the only thing missing is the zebcos.

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 04:44 PM »
Great pics and set-ups! I'll post mine as soon as we can figure out how. My "old" computer can recieve pictures but not load and send them. Maybe can take pics with his phone next weekend and send them to Bob M., Matt, and Piscoli and one of you guys can post them? ......Art

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 06:17 PM »
Maybe can take pics with his phone next weekend and send them to Bob M., Matt, and Piscoli and one of you guys can post them? ......Art

I'd be happy to post them for you also if you wish, email: cousinlll@cox.net

Looking forward to seeing your setup!

LLL

wadefisherman

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 07:27 PM »
I'll take some pics of my rig next time out. I have the HDS-5 up front as well but do not have a GPS attached. Is that something I can add on? I am using my Garmin handheld basically for trolling speed.

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 04:41 AM »
Nice set up Bob, I fish with LLL all the time, so I know what his looks like. I love the baseball pitch counter. Haven't done much to my boat due to the fact that I'll be selling and getting something smaller. I have a 21 foot and looking to downsize to something about 18 so I can tripple tow. I may invest in the rod holders though, that is something I can take with me to the next boat.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 11:14 AM »
Cousin, that's my problem, my old computer can't sent pictures. We will try to do it with Kasey's cell phone.......Art

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 04:06 PM »
My spider rig set up ;D

Wow finally figured out how to post pics from my phone :o
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 04:10 PM by Fishless »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal